Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thanksgiving

We decided to go visit relatives in Kansas this year. We packed up and headed north. Since Jonathan is at the age of getting into everything and not quite understanding what the word "No" means, we chose to stay in a hotel. We spent Thanksgiving day afternoon with Tom and Sharonlee Voth hosting lunch for all the Voth relatives. I got to see family I had not seen in quite a while and Jonathan got to meet some little friends.

Friday we spent with my Aunt Janice trying to work on scrap booking. My Aunt Janice is the scrapbooking "Queen" and I love to get new ideas and tips from the pro. All went well until Jonathan got cranky because he was so sleep but just could not let go and go to sleep. Dad, Jason and I decided to try taking him for a ride in the car. We ended up drive around the country side for 3 hours so Jonathan would get some badly needed sleep. We picked up my Grandma Voth who does not drive much any more, and took her around the countryside and Jonathan got his very needed sleep. Saturday we spent at Grandad and Grandma Springer's house for lunch. Most of the Springer clan made it except a few who where sick. Jonathan did really well for a 13 month old meeting all sorts of new people and jumping from one place to the next. I was just about worn out by the time we got back though. We even decided to come home on Saturday instead of Sunday due weather predicting possible bad weather. I don't sleep well in hotels, especially being 7 months pregnant so I need more sleep too. Here are some pics of our trip. You will see the one with Jonathan on the luggage cart at the hotel. Grandad was keeping Jonathan amused by pushing him around the lobby, he thought he was the coolest thing since sliced bread.

No comments: